Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Week 1

I have no idea how many of these "du-jours" I will find in the long run.  If by chance there are 365, how lovely for a daily devotional.  Maybe I'll only find 52, so the "du'jour" will then be good for "du'week."  Wouldn't it be fun if these turn into a book(let)? 
I'll post these in groups of 7.  If I develop writer's brain freeze, well, please don't freak out and wonder how you'll live the day without a "du'jour."  Just do a "rinse and repeat" of the previous week(s).  Hopefully, you'll be encouraged to do a little Bible-page-flipping.  I pray also that you find these to be convicting and edifying.

----------

1.  TODAY,
Will I "choke the Word", OR
Will I "choke the worries of the world" (Mark 4:19)?

2.  TODAY,
Will I be a prayer whiner (Deuteronomy 1:27), OR
Will I be a prayer warrior (Ephesians 6:10-18)?

3.  TODAY,
Will I pay attention to doctrines of whispering demons, OR
Will I pay attention to His Words (1 Timothy 4:1, 13)?

4.  TODAY,
Will I wallow face-down in my daily woe-ness (1 Samuel 4:7-8),  OR
Will I wallow face-up in God's mercies and comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3)?

5.  TODAY,
Will I greet people as a holy terror (Proverbs 6:17-19), OR
Will I greet people with a holy kiss (1 Thessalonians 5:26)?


6.  TODAY,
Will I do busy work for Jesus and whine about other believers, OR
Will I sit at His feet and learn from Him (Luke 10:39-40)?

7.  TODAY,
Will I offer Him irreverent lip service (Isaiah 29:13), OR
Will I offer Him worshipful heart service (Deuteronomy 28:13)?

No comments:

Post a Comment